Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cameron Diaz Dishes on A-Rod Dating Rumors, Sexuality and Love

Submitted by Amber Sterling

LOS ANGELES — Cameron Diaz is setting the record straight about rumors she's dating New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez.

"No, no, no," the 37-year-old actress tells Playboy magazine for its July issue. "I've been in relationships since I was 16 years old. In the past three years I've made a conscious decision not to be in a relationship for as long as I want. I've stayed away from all the traps out there for me to just fall into something that will potentially lead me down the same road...I want to have a relationship with myself right now."

Diaz may be determined to remain single for the time being, but she's currently reminded of a former lover on a regular basis. She is currently working on the film Bad Teacher with ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake.

"We're adults," she says. "Of course we could work together. It's been three years since we broke up. It's all done...We're friends; he's really talented and funny, and we're good at being funny together."

Diaz admits that being a celebrity actually makes staying single a bit easier.

"I never shut down any man who's willing to ask me out unless he's a total douche bag," she explains. "It takes a lot for a guy to ask out a girl like me—not because I think I'm superspecial or anything. It's just that I think men are intimidated, and it's a lot to get involved with. It's not uncomplicated."

As for the relationships she's had over the years, Diaz can look back at them and be philosophical.

"I've had really successful relationships, even though they've lasted only a certain amount of time," she says.

"I'm okay with that. With some of the relationships that have drawn public interest, I feel as though I've evolved, learned and become better equipped. I don't feel I need to make it different for the outside world that's looking in and judging it."

When it comes to love, the Something About Mary star confesses she can come on strong at times.

"I'm primal on an animalistic level, kind of like, 'Bonk me over the head, throw me over your shoulder. You man, me woman,' " says Diaz, who next stars alongside Tom Cruise in Knight and Day, opening June 23.

"Not everybody has the right kind of primal thing for me...I love physical contact. I have to be touching my lover, like, always. It's not optional."

In fact, when it comes to love, Diaz says she doesn't like to be constrained.

"Sexuality and love can be different things," she says. "I can be attracted to a woman sexually, but it doesn't mean I want to be in love with a woman. If I'm going to be with a woman sexually, it doesn't mean I'm a lesbian. We put these restraints and definitions on people, but it's hard to define."

Also see: Cameron Diaz Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment